Careers at Workit Spaces
Make your best move at Workit.
Junior IT Support Officer
Workit Spaces is seeking an experienced Hospitality Manager with a strong passion for people and the desire to help us craft unique experiences and spaces.
As a key part of the management team at our thriving eCommerce and Coworking Hub in Alexandria, Sydney, you will have the opportunity to shape and manage our in-house cafe and our Village Market retail and hospitality precinct, launching in August.
As our Hospitality Manager you’ll make an impact on the style of service and offerings and create a unique space in which our Members and local community can gather.
About the Role
This is no ordinary Hospitality Manager role. You will be responsible for:
- Crafting a small bar and cafe concept and menu, shaping its personality and building a distinct customer experience which celebrates its place in our Hub and Alexandria’s thriving community.
- Ordering for the bar and cafe, and commissioning point of sale systems including Deputy and Square.
- Work closely with the Workit Spaces Events team to create packages and offers to Members and the public.
- Oversee all day-to-day Hospitality operations and build and manage a professional team
- Own Hospitality KPIs and budgets.
- Contribute to our vision of a sustainable and socially responsible workplace that values diversity and integrity.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exceptional customer service skills with a desire to create memorable experiences and spaces
- A genuine passion for hospitality and making people feel welcome
- Experience in high volume cafe/restaurants and a real passion for quality coffee and food
- The ability and drive to create hospitality solutions from scratch – we want you to bring ideas to the table and then make them happen
- Professionalism and a love for the details that set the great apart from the good
- Natural team player talents – you’re always the first to help and love up-skilling others
- Experience managing budgets, managing team rosters and making smart business decisions
- Ability to build a local destination – a desire to craft experiences and lead a passionate, skilled and professional team
What do we offer you?
- Fun and fast paced atmosphere in a friendly and diverse team
- An innovative and inclusive workplace that values new ideas, initiative and ownership
- Access to exclusive Perks from our amazing Members!
- The ability to craft a career that will challenge and support you to excel and grow.
You must have the legal right to work full time in Australia for this role.
Strictly no recruiters, thanks.
Location: Alexandria, SYDNEY
Role: Junior IT Support Officer
Type: Part Time
Onsite, Remote or Flexible: Onsite
How we hire
Step 1: Apply!
Tell us what you will bring to our team and community. If you have most of the skills but not quite all, we encourage you to apply.
Step 2: Initial call
We’ll get to know you and your passions and experience, typically on a remote call with one-to-two people from Workit.
Step 3: Interview
Here’s when we get into the good stuff! We want to see how you think and respond to situations. Great candidates have done their research and will focus on the impact they’ve delivered in past roles. You may want to present past work – we love to see an outcome! – and come prepared with questions for us too.
Your interview may include a role-based task that’s designed as an opportunity to showcase your talent. Your interview panel will include 2-3 people, including the hiring manager.
Step 4: Meet the team
You’ll have the opportunity to meet with a cross-section of potential colleagues throughout the process and understand their perspectives and how your role fits into the bigger picture.
Step 5: Offer
If it’s green lights from us and you, you’ll receive an offer subject to two successful references.
“Our technical solutions have day-to-day impact and it’s really satisfying to see.”
Curtis Campion, SKUtopia Product Manager
“We’re transforming the warehouse and logistics space by embracing the opportunities offered by AI and computer vision.”
Elakkiya Ramarajan, Software Engineer and Data Scientist