Careers at Workit Spaces
Make your best move at Workit.
Social Media Manager
Workit Spaces is a fast-growing Australian startup – we’re building innovative ecosystems that power the booming eCommerce industry. To deliver on our mission, we provide eCommerce and Coworking Hubs and this year are launching Australia’s leading order fulfilment SaaS platform and fulfilment network: SKUtopia. In 2021, our Bourke Rd eCommerce Hub will open the Village Market – Sydney’ new place to gather with boutique retail, restaurant and event spaces in Alexandria.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who believes in the power of social media to connect with people, share stories that inspire and build an engaged community. This role includes both organic and paid social media management. Our ideal Social Media Marketer has a passion for creating valuable content, community management and a competitive spirit that focuses on measurable growth.
This is a full-time position based in our Bourke Rd, Alexandria Hub.
- Manage the social media accounts of Workit Spaces’s group of brands
- Create and optimise Facebook Ads for Workit Spaces and our in-house Digital Agency
- Create, schedule and optimise social media content that engages and tells the stories of Workit Spaces and our customers.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 2- 3 years experience in social media marketing across a variety of organic channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tik Tok a plus) for multiple brands.
- A minimum of 1 year Facebook Ads experience, with the ability to craft high performing ad campaigns, ad copy and creative that deliver positive ROAS.
- Live and breathe social media as a way to meaningfully interact with people and are skilled in community management and online brand building.
- Be creative and able to produce copy and content that is designed to engage. Able to use Photoshop/ Canva, and simple video editing tools to create social media content (note, we have a Senior Digital Producer who leads Workit Productions but you will be expected to produce social media content such as graphics, simple animations and social videos).
- Craft and execute content plans
- Have a “test-and-learn” mindset with the ability to optimise ads and social content using insights
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills. You’re ready for the opportunity to own the social media space and love working across teams with a variety of brands.
Come be yourself at Workit. We’re on a mission to accelerate sustainable eCommerce and redefine workplaces.
- Our team is world-class and focused on innovation: we don’t wait for a solution to arise, we create it. At Workit, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting & challenging problems across a microcosm of the Australian economy.
- It’s dynamic, fast-paced and yet we make time for each other. Our team is fun, inclusive and respectful. We value life skills and a can-do attitude.
- Remuneration is competitive with the opportunity for bonuses based on team performance.
- And in this role, you can have a real impact on how Australian businesses tell their stories and succeed.
Our Hiring Process
To hire the top talent our process gives you a chance to meet with a selection of your potential colleagues, demonstrate your skills and get to know us. We will:
- Review applications & shortlist
- Initial web call ~30min
- Interview with 2 panelists ~ 1 hour
- Task (via email)
- Follow up call ~30 mins
- Offer subject to references
- Welcome you to Workit!
If you’re still here and excited about this role – Apply Now!
Submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for the role and Workit Spaces.
Strictly no recruiters, thanks.
Location: Alexandria, SYDNEY
Team: Customer Success & Partnerships
Role: Social Media Manager
Type: Full Time
Onsite, Remote or Flexible: Flexible
How we hire
Step 1: Apply!
Tell us what you will bring to our team and community. If you have most of the skills but not quite all, we encourage you to apply.
Step 2: Initial call
We’ll get to know you and your passions and experience, typically on a remote call with one-to-two people from Workit.
Step 3: Interview
Here’s when we get into the good stuff! We want to see how you think and respond to situations. Great candidates have done their research and will focus on the impact they’ve delivered in past roles. You may want to present past work – we love to see an outcome! – and come prepared with questions for us too.
Your interview may include a role-based task that’s designed as an opportunity to showcase your talent. Your interview panel will include 2-3 people, including the hiring manager.
Step 4: Meet the team
You’ll have the opportunity to meet with a cross-section of potential colleagues throughout the process and understand their perspectives and how your role fits into the bigger picture.
Step 5: Offer
If it’s green lights from us and you, you’ll receive an offer subject to two successful references.
“Our technical solutions have day-to-day impact and it’s really satisfying to see.”
Curtis Campion, SKUtopia Product Manager
“We’re transforming the warehouse and logistics space by embracing the opportunities offered by AI and computer vision.”
Elakkiya Ramarajan, Software Engineer and Data Scientist